Imlay House is a warm and welcoming residential aged care home in Pambula. Our team of over 90 professional staff, many who’ve been with us over many years, are proud to support our 72 residents.
Imlay House’s residents enjoy the ground-level ease of the home with gardens landscaped for walking enjoyment, as well as social lounge rooms and quiet sitting rooms. It is conveniently located on Merigan Street in Pambula close to local shops, clubs, hospital and airport.
Volunteers and community groups play a vital role in the life of Imlay House. Our wonderful in-house Op Shop, for instance, has raised over 1 million dollars over the past 30 years. An active Ladies Auxiliary also supports Imlay House.
Imlay House is fully compliant with Aged Care Accreditation Standards and has achieved three years’ accreditation.
To find out our exact location visit our Contact page.
What We Offer
- Registered nurses on duty at all times, 24 hours a day
- 24-hour on-site care and support from our friendly, professional team
- Safe and secure accommodation for residents living with dementia
- Regular visits from local doctors, physiotherapists and podiatrists
- Varied lifestyle programs directed by our qualified Diversional Therapist
- Exercise programs, massage and assisted gardening on site
- Regular visits from friendly hairdressers and nail care technicians
- Professional palliative care provides comfort, compassion and dignity to residents and their families
- Volunteers from the Community Visitors Scheme offer company to residents who wish to participate
- Church services and non-denominational pastoral care
- A 100% non-smoking environment
- Spacious single and double ground-level rooms — all with garden outlooks
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning in each resident’s room
- Lounge areas featuring large-screen television sets
- Personal telephones for each resident connected through Telstra
- Productive vegetable garden cared for by residents
- Delicious meals prepared on-site by our qualified chef
- Full laundry services (on weekdays), at no additional cost
- Ample parking available for visitors
- Movie nights; games and bingo; sing-a-longs and visiting musicians; art and craft activities; and more
From 1 July 2014, a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) applies to all residential aged care facilities (as legislated in the Commonwealth’s Living Longer Living Better program). Depending on room type, the maximum RAD at Imlay House ranges from $330,000 to $375,000.
Residents have several payment options to choose from:
- refundable deposit (lump sum)
- daily payment (or DAP, accruing daily and paid monthly)*
- combination of both (partial lump sum and DAP)
*The DAP is calculated on the basis of the interest rate determined by the Commonwealth, which is reviewed quarterly. The current interest rate is 7.46% pa.
|Room type||Daily payment (DAP)||Maximum RAD|
|Shared room w/ shared ensuite||$67.45||$330,000|
|Single room w/ shared ensuite||$69.49||$340,000|
|Single room w/ ensuite||$71.53||$350,000|
|Single room w/ ensuite||$76.64||$375,000|
In addition to the accommodation payment, each resident pays Daily Care Fees (DCF) that are regulated by the Commonwealth Department of Social Services.
The basic DCF is 85% of the single rate the basic age pension’s single rate, indexed twice yearly in March and September. If applicable, a means-tested DCF is also payable. Means tests are carried out by Centrelink.
Prospective residents and their families are strongly encouraged to seek independent financial advice. Imlay House staff cannot provide financial advice.